ABOUT THE RACE
What happens if the in person event is canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
If the 2021 Cleveland 10 Miler in-person event is cancelled due to a government order related to the COVID-19 pandemic, all participants will be automatically converted to the equivalent virtual event. This policy is in place to protect both the event and the participants. Race permits, shirts, medals and other supplies are purchased months before the event. There will be no partial or full refunds offered for the event – no exceptions.
I deferred my 2020 registration to this year. How to I claim my registration?
All participants who deferred to 2021 will receive an email shortly after registration opens on January 15 with instructions on how to proceed. If you don’t receive an email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When does the race begin?
The race will begin at 8:00am on Saturday, April 24, 2021
Where does the race begin?
It starts at the upper level of Edgewater Park and finishes at the lower level of Edgewater Park.
When does race day registration begin?
There will be NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION OR PACKET PICK UP. During the registration process, you may select to have your packet mailed to your home for an additional $10 (deadline is Thursday, April 1). If you did not choose to have your packet mailed, you must pickup your packet at one of the pickup locations Wednesday, April 21 through Friday, April 23.
How can I register for this event?
- You can register online; the deadline for online registration is Friday, April 23 at noon!
- No race day registration or packet pickup
How much does it cost to participate in this event?
- 10 Miler
- January 15 – March 15: $50 *
- March 16 – April 14: $60 *
- April 15 – April 23 (IF AVAILABLE): $75 *
- January 15 – March 15: $35.00
- March 16 – April 14: $40.00
- April 15 – April 23 (IF AVAILABLE): $45.00
Is it safe to register online with my credit card?
Yes, Hermes Sports & Events has partnered with RSU.com, who is a leader in online registration. Hermes uses RSU.com for most races. It is safe and secure and they can guarantee that your information will be safe. There is a small processing fee when registering online
What’s the age requirement to register for this race?
There is no age requirement but by signing the race waiver (if under 18, by a parent/guardian), you admit to having properly trained for this race distance
Will you send me a confirmation?
All online registrations will receive confirmation via e-mail. For all other registrations, you may contact the office to verify your registration at 216-623-9933
I didn’t receive my confirmation e-mail, how can I make sure I’m registered?
Please call the Hermes office at 216-623-9933
What do I receive with my registration?
- Men’s or Women’s cut tech t-shirt
- A unique finisher medal
- Water stops at miles 2, 4, 6, and 8
- B-tag chip timing
- Post race food and drinks
- Results will include official 5 mile splits for the 10 Miler event
- Free bag check
I can no longer participate in the race due to injury or scheduling conflict, what are my options?
- Sorry, but all entries are non-refundable. Once we’ve received and processed your entry, you will not receive a refund, you may not give or sell your race number to other people, and entry fees are not transferable to the next year’s race or any other race
- You are able to transfer your entry to another person for a fee of $10 which can be done online or at a packet pick up. There will be no transfers on race day
- To complete a Transfer, go to your profile on Runsignup and chose either the refund transfer or gift transfer option. Enter in the Transferee’s name and email to send them the transferring registration. Once the transferee completes the registration, the original registrant is removed from the race.
- Refund Transfers: Transferee pays the current priceof the registration. The original registrant pays a $10 transfer fee
- Gift Transfer: Transferee’s registration is free. The original registrant pays a $10 transfer fee.
For more information follow: https://runsignup.com/How-To/Transfer-To-Another-Runner
If I’m unable to attend and already registered, can I still get my shirt?
Yes, you can pick up your shirt at the packet pick up locations or at our office the following week – we do not mail shirts unless otherwise stated. Please call the Hermes office at 216-623-9933 ahead of time to let us know you are coming
On my registration, I misspelled my name, age, I’ve recently moved, etc. How can I fix this?
You are able to self edit your registration until Friday, April 16. Afterwards, please contact the Hermes office at 216-623-9933 or e-mail email@example.com
PACKET PICK UP INFORMATION
If I’m pre-registered, do I need to bring identification to packet pick up?
It is not required but it’s always a good idea to bring it.
Am I required to pick up my race bib and shirt at packet pick up?
Yes, if you did not choose to have your packet mailed to you, you must pick it up at one of the locations Wednesday, April 21 through Friday, April 23. There is no race day packet pickup.
Can someone else pick my race bib and shirt?
Yes, both can be picked up by/for family and friends. It’s always a good idea to bring your confirmation e-mail as well
Where can I pick up my race packet?
You can pick up your race packet at the following locations:
Have your packet mailed to you for only $10 (Deadline for this option is Thursday, April 1)!
If you do not get your packet mailed, you can pick up your race packet at the following locations:
ALL PICKUP DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS ARE COMING SOON
PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION OR PACKET PICKUP !
How is this race timed?
This race is an officially timed event using the disposable B-tag timing system. Timing chips are attached directly to the back of your bib number and are to remain adhered for the duration of the event
Where can I see my results?
Results will be posted directly after the race on our website. Locate the race and click the ‘Results’ link or on the home page, go to the Race Results tab. You may need to refresh your browser to view.
You may also opt in during registration to have results emailed and/or texted to you!
When will the results be posted?
Results will be posted online on the Hermes website by 12pm on race day
What do I do if my results are incorrect or missing?
After the results have been officially posted, please contact Adam Petrovic at firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.
Does this race provide any kind of awards?
- Yes, in the 10 mile in-person race we will have top three male and female winners as well as three deep male and female in the following age groups:
- 15 & Under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & Over.
- 4 Mile in-person race we will have awards for the top 5 male and female overall winners.
- There will be a finisher medal for ALL participants (in-person and virtual)
- For age group/team awards, there is an awards table where you must pick up your award
I could not pick up my award on race day, how can I get my award?
- Call the Hermes office (216-623-9933) and let them know if you’d like to do one of the following:
- Pick up the award at the Hermes office located at:
2425 W. 11th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
- Pick up your award at an upcoming Hermes race
- Pick up the award at the Hermes office located at:
- We do NOT mail awards
Where can I park the morning of the race?
There are three lots at upper Edgewater (near the start) and one lot at the lower part of the park (near the finish). The lots fill quickly – we strongly encourage carpooling with friends for this event. There is also street parking available on Lake Avenue, Clifton Boulevard and Edgewater near the upper park entrance
We recommend that you park at Lower Level of Edgewater Park. There is plenty of parking there and it is near the finish line.
How do I get to Edgewater Park?
Located off State Route 2
- From I-90W, exit at West Blvd and turn left. West Blvd runs directly into Upper Edgewater Park where the Start Line is located
- From W117th, travel north to Clifton Blvd, turn right to West Blvd and turn left. West Blvd runs directly into the park entrance
- From I-71N, take State Route 2 Westbound, take 2nd Edgewater Park exit (stay in curve lane once you see the park or Lake Erie on your right) and make a right turn into the park
Do I have to run the race or can I walk instead?
You may walk the course. However, the police may ask you to move to the sidewalk if you do not finish the race within a certain time for the safety of everyone
How is the course? Does it have many hills?
For how long will the course be opened?
We love our walkers. The 10 Miler course will be open for 3 hours. We ask that walkers can hold an 18 minute per mile pace. That is a brisk power-walk. If you fall below this pace, we can unfortunately no longer guarantee course support—which is paramount for your safety. Medical support, water/aid stations, road closures will start to become unavailable to participants. The local police and race organizers will ask you to reroute to a shorter version of the course, or move up onto the sidewalk where you will be required to obey regular traffic laws.
Where is/are the water stop(s)?
Water stops will be located at mile markers 2, 4, 6, and 8.
Are there restrooms (portos) along the course?
There will be plenty of bathroom options for you at the start and finish and three spots on the course:
Upper Edgewater park (mile 3)
W 38th and Detroit Ave (Mile 5)
W 58th and Father Caruso (mile 7.5)
Am I able to bring a stroller or my dog to the race?
Dogs are not allowed in the race. However, strollers are welcome, but please stay to the back of the start area for the safety of the runners
Where can spectators, friends, and family watch on the course? Can they be at the start or finish areas?
All are welcome at Edgewater Park to see the start and finish. You can be at the different mile markers and water stops as well. Please be cognizant of traffic and the participants as they run/walk. Please listen to police/security instruction as well. We recommend staying at Edgewater Park to see the finish as the participants wrap around the whole lower level for an exciting finish!
Can I wear headphones on the course?
Yes you can.
Can I volunteer for the race?
E-mail email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering for the race
Is there a bag check?
Yes, there will be a bag check at the start. At the finish, the items will be underneath the tent near the awards table.
Will race photos be available?
Yes! Stay tuned for more info
For more information, call (216) 623-9933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org